Thursday, April 26, 2012

The HP DC7900 slimline video card slot?

is the hp dc7900 capable of holding a nvidia geforce 210 video card, or do you need a smaller form of video cards for slimline computers?|||Geforce 210, GT220, GTS 250 and even the new GT 430 come in low-profile flavor;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis…



They should be fine for a slim form factor PC.|||If I have the correct info you have a case that is no more than 2.6 inches deep, and from the outside. I suspect you need a very low profile card. I did notice another point that may preclude many cards from consideration, you probably have a PSU of 135W. You also need a very low power card. I am not able to find the power rating on a GT 210 but the GT 220 runs a heft 58W and would probably be a difficult card to run in that power envelope. You have a very constrained system here.



Good luck.|||just depends upon the case really. They do make low profile cards, but the choices are limited. There are a few 5500 series ATI cards that are low profile, but I don't think I have seen any Nvidia 400 series low profile cards...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

No comments:

Post a Comment