Friday, May 4, 2012

HP Pavillion Slimline case and Video card?

I just bought a new Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT graphic card, and found out that it wouldn't fit in my HP Pavillion Slimline s3600f. The PCI port is right and all, it's just that the CPU itself is not big enough (or doesn't have enough space) to put the card well.



I don't want to buy a new little video card (because they are just slow). I want to stick with the one I have, and with my computer also. I heard that the only way I can do this is by getting a new case for my computer.



But I'm confused, because I don't know what that means by getting a new case, and if so, where can I get it? and wich case would be?

Thanks|||A case is the housing the computer is inside of. The shell.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=…

I suggested one with a power supply because the slimline power supply most likely would not fit in the case properly.|||Cases are easy enough to choose if you know what kind of case to look for. The most important thing you'll need to know is the size of your motherboard; open up the case and get the product number (it should be somewhere near the heatsink) and type it into google with the word 'spec'.



This should bring up the technical details about your motherboard; the one you're looking for is the 'form factor''.



Basically, this is the shape of your motherboard in relation to how its attached to your case. If the form factor of your motherboard and case don't match, the screws that attach the MB to the case wont have anything to screw into, and if you somehow rig it with some ingenious McGuiver fix you'll probably short circuit and destory your beloved PC.



I dont know the form factor of your particular pc but it sounds like its Micro-ATX. You can get cases that are compatible with this and are larger and more spacious that your case.



There are several websites and companies online that are all about customized cases... typing 'case mods' or 'custom PC cases' into google should bring up thousands, and most really aren't that expensive.



Hope this helps!|||take the card back and get low profile card. its the same but built for low profile cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment