Friday, April 27, 2012

What is the best video card I can fit in my Slimline HP Pavilion PC?

Hi I bought a PC that came with a lot of RAM installed (4GB) a dual core processor of 2.7GHz and a lot of disk space (500GB), but the video card it brought was an NVIDIA 6150SE!! It can barely play The Sims 2 on a good resolution! And I really wanted to play Test Drive Unlimited with it...



Here's my PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



What is the best video card that my PC could support? While I am good with computers when it comes to software, I suck a LOT when it comes to messing with the actual hardware so I'm not sure which video card would be best for my PC.



Thanks a lot!|||There are a lot of cards that will likely fit, but I can't guarantee any of them will work. Your system, the HP Pavilion S3400F, has only a 160 Watt power supply (I had to dig into HP's parts catalog to figure that out*). That's not very much.

The good news is that your system has an available PCI-Express x16 graphics expansion slot. However, despite my best efforts, I was not able to find a graphics card with a minimum power requirement under 300 Watts. I tried both nVidia and ATI.

I will admit my search wasn't exhaustive. You may better luck than I did with a more thorough search. You may even want to try something with a low power draw, like a nVidia 7100 GS**, on the off chance it may work. Crazier things have happened. The 7100 GS is not much of a gaming card, but it should be a slight improvement over the integrated graphics you have. Just make sure the store you buy from has a decent return policy.

I hope this helps in some way. I honestly wish I had better news. If you need any more help, please add more details to this question or feel free to email me through my Yahoo! Answers profile.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment