Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I upgrade my HP Slimline w/ a regular Graphics Card?

I have one of the HP Slimline towers, the best one they make I believe, and I love it, but I was wondering if I could upgrade video cards? This one is for sure the best stock ive ever seen, but I have a 32" 1080 HD monitor and im sure it can be better but the towers so damn small idk if I can upgrade the card...thanks!





Also, whats a good high definition video card for someone on a budget?|||Well...open up the case and with a measuring tape, see how much space there is for an add-on card (check where the PCI-Express or AGP slot is). You can Google what a PCI-Express slot or AGP slot looks like.



Many times...these slim towers will be jam packed and there won't be enough space for anything to be added. Cards sold online will give their physical dimensions so you can check to see if it will fit in your system.



So...the only way to tell is to take a look and find a card that will fit if there is some space.



EDIT:



It depends on what you're looking for the computer to do...is it a media center PC? Or will you be looking to play games (like Call of Duty or whatever) on it?



If it's mainly just to play HD video/web browsing:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



They're both low-profile so would fit if space is an issue and a regular sized card won't. Also, I believe both are HDCP enabled so you can output HD Blu-ray video or other HD content through it.|||check this link it gives you exact information you need to upgrade your slimline

http://hppavilionupgrade.blogspot.com

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment