Thursday, April 26, 2012

I want to upgrade my video card in a slimline dell optiplex GX280?

hi i was wondering what video card i could fit in this computer it only has a 160w PSU and ill have to use a low profile bracket i was looking at the ATi radeon 4650 512mb i was wondering if that would fit in my computer and run with my PSU. If not could you help me choose something that is compatible?|||http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy…



Noppers, you have an integrated graphics ~



Edit : Yeah, just replace the mobo, with desired integrated graphics.|||Are you trying to keep the slim factor? If not pick up a new case with a 400W+ PSU.

A NVIDIA 6600 would fit in there but you would definitely need to upgrade your PSU.



@Jasper - Most motherboards come with an integrated graphics chip. When you put in a new video card the computer will automatically give priority to the newly installed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment